The following discounts from advertised charter rates for WEEKLY CHARTERS may apply
- 2 consecutive weeks – 5%
- 2 yachts in one booking by one person who handles all paperwork – 5%
- Charterer has previously chartered from Portway as skipper – 5%
- Booking is made more than 3 months before the charter start date – 5%
- Maximum discount where several of above discounts apply – 10%
- Special yacht or event promotions – 15%
For charter periods SHORTER THAN ONE WEEK
- Weekend (Friday evening to Sunday evening) – 50% x weekly rate.
- 3 days 55% x weekly rate
- 4 days 65% x weekly rate
- 5 days 75% x weekly rate
- 6 days 85% x weekly rate
- Our Prices are based upon the Month in which your charter Starts, as follows:
- HIGH – charters commencing: MAY/JUNE/JULY/AUGUST;
- MID – charters commencing: APRIL/SEPTEMBER;
- LOW – charters commencing: OCTOBER to MARCH inclusive;
STARTING and FINISHING your charter
- Weekly charters usually run from Saturday at 16:00 (4pm) to the following Saturday at 10:00 (10am).
- If late arrival is likely, please phone us.
- Travel time to Craobh from Glasgow City airport is at least 2 hours and from Prestwick and Edinburgh between 3 and 4 hours. Travel time to Kip marina is considerably less.
- If charterers will be arriving during the night we would appreciate their booking into an hotel as boarding a strange yacht in the dark can be dangerous and night arrivals are inconvenient for us and the marinas.
- Our staff cannot be present at the marinas for handovers between 20:00 (8pm) and 08:00 (8am).
- Skippers are available for all yachts if for any reason – lack of local knowledge, lack of qualifications or just feeling lazy, you do not wish to be in charge yourself.
- Charge £700 per week or £120 per day.
- Meals for the skipper and any extra crew provided, are the charterer’s responsibility.
- The charterer should pay the skipper and crew at the end of the charter.
- To be booked in advance and subject to availability.
- Wet weather clothing ( S, M, L and XL). £5 per set per day.
- Sleeping bags. £2,50 per day, with minimum charge £8 to cover laundry costs.
Refundable Security Deposits
- In addition to the charter fee a security deposit must be arranged. This is to cover losses, damage, breakages and fuel used (if not replaced), and is not to be confused with the booking deposit, which is paid at time of booking to confirm and secure the booking.
- The rates are the same regardless of the length of the charter and are:-
- Yachts of 36 feet (11m) and over – £1000
- Yachts under 36 feet (11m) – £750
- Note: The security deposit will be increased by 50% if the charterer proposes to sail to Ireland, north of Skye or west of the Outer Hebrides.
- The Security Deposit will not usually be deposited but will be taken on a credit card or by cheque and held without processing the card or depositing the cheque unless required by circumstances, such as damage, accident or loss caused by, or attributable to, the charterer or any member of the crew of the yacht, to the yacht itself or to any other yacht, vessel or property, either directly or indirectly.
- The yacht may be inspected by a diver after charter to protect Portway against the risk of undeclared underwater damage. We do expect charterers to be honest if they have run aground! With all the navigational aids with which the yachts are equipped THERE IS REALLY NO EXCUSE FOR HITTING THE BOTTOM.
Losses And Damage
All on board losses, breakages, failures or malfunctions of equipment or systems should be reported in writing on your return from charter.
If of a serious nature, problems should be notified immediately to allow for replacements/repairs to be organised.
We appreciate your co-operation in this regard.
Cleaning And Refuelling
At the beginning of each charter the yacht is supplied in a clean and tidy condition with all equipment functioning and the fuel and water tanks full and the gas bottle replaced.
At the end of the charter the charterer is responsible for removing all personal possessions and rubbish, restoring equipment to the position given in the Inventory, refilling the diesel and water tanks at his expense and leaving the yacht in a tidy condition.
|Boat cleaning and checking after every charter
|Gas for cooking – One week, one bottle
* May be charged if, without good reason, the yacht is returned late or handed back at a time other than agreed.
A similar fee will be charged if the yacht is returned by the charterer in a condition which requires extra cleaning.
Yachts & Rates
View our yachts and rates to
find the perfect yacht for your
Yachts & Rates